Great Families Orientation
To help introduce the Great Families program, we offer Great Families Orientation in Santa Barbara, CA, Boston, MA and New York, NY.
More information below.
This two-day seminar is for family office executives, educational specialists, and family leaders. We explain the Great Families curriculum, activities, and unique instructional approach for teaching financial fluency and building great families.
Canary Hotel/Coast Restaurant – 31 W. Carrillo, Santa Barbara, CA 805-884-0300
Seagrass Restaraunt – 30 East Ortega St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101 805-963-1012
Upham Hotel/The Garden Room – 1404 De La Vina, Santa Barbara, CA 800-727-0876
Upcoming Dates 2013:
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- February 21-22
- April 18-19
- August 22-23 FULLY SUBSCRIBED
- November 14-15
Location: Boston, MA
- September 9-10
Location: New York, NY
- September 12-13
*Price includes event meals, but does not include lodging.
How should I get there?
We recommend using either the Santa Barbara Airport or the Los Angeles International Airport, which is located 90 miles south of our office.
- The Upham Hotel
- 1404 De la Vina Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- The Canary Santa Barbara
- 31 West Carrillo, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Hotel Indigo
- 121 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Four Seasons Santa Barbara
- 1260 Channel Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93108
Info coming soon.
Info coming soon.
Things To Do In The Area
Whatever your passion, there’s always something to do in Santa Barbara, which combines big city culture with outdoor adventures, all set off by a culinary tradition that puts its name and flavors on the lips of food and wine critics across the country. This is the short list, if you’re looking for something not shown or just need more options please ask us we love to show off our local gems.
IMI clients have access to a range of tools and events for children and adults, including IMI’s unique MoneyScore, and MoneyStyles Assessments for children; Ground breaking Think Tanks for Adults; and custom designed experiences for families.
A few examples of our premium services include:
Programs & Services
Independent Means is a full-service education provider for families concerned about financial education, beneficiary development, trustee education, and human capital development. IMI’s core curriculum, the Great Families Program, is augmented by bespoke programming for the particular goals and needs of each client family, whether for one or multiple households and generations. Ancillary Programs include…
Ancillary programming includes:
- Camp Start-Up, a residential summer program for teenagers. Whether teens aspire to life as a rock star, poet, internet entrepreneur, or social activist, the skills of investing and entrepreneurship are essential 21st century skills. This program offers a quick start for innovating teens.
- Learning Labs for Financial Creatives. Self-identified creatives are often non-linear thinkers for whom tidy, Excel-sheet financial reports trigger more snooze than snap. This innovative approach to financial education is designed for creatives who have fiduciary responsibility, and seek learning experiences geared to their sensibility. Four weekend sessions over an 18- month time period.
- Fashion & Finance is a dual generation (mothers/daughters; aunts/nieces, etc.) specialty program that uses the dynamism of the fashion industry as a vehicle for exploring business models, balance sheets, investment decisions, networking and financial values. This weekend retreat is an exciting NYC retreat.
- Indie Girls. This weekend program offers an introduction to personal finance for teens who yearn for greater independence, but need the tools to practice it wisely.
For more information on these and other IMI programs, call 805-965-0475